The porch, deck and patio can be made bright and inviting
by adding color to the lifeless cement or wood. The dull
and uninteresting patio in the backyard can be turned into
a space with energy and dazzling style, by decorating it
with a few bright colorful paints. Once this is done this
areas will be the center of all parties in the house.
Bring the outdoor concrete or wooden patio alive by
painting it with vibrant colors and designs. Create your
own seaside using paints and following the instructions
Things you require:
Instructions for painting:
1. Paint the concrete wall in a color of your choice.
2. Take a rug and place it against the wall and mark off
the perimeter of the rug with painter's tape.
3. Inside the tape with your free hand draw an uneven
border of the rug with chalk.
4. Pain this area with a dark colored paint. Use quick
5. Cut out patterns of the sun, shells and starfish in
6. Keep the sun cut out in the middle of the rug and draw
its outline in chalk. Do the same for the shells and
7. Fill the designs drawn in chalk on the rug with some
color that is neither too bright nor too light.
8. Once this paint dries up, make a palette of all the
colors you want to use. Dip a brush in one color and paint
with it till the color dries up, then dip another brush in
a different color of paint and use it till it dries.
Continue this till you have used all the colors on the
palette. Blend in the edges of the colors so that the
finish is smooth. Use dark colors for the background that
will contrast with the light colored designs inside.
9. Take off the painter's tape and with the chalk draw
tassels for the rug. Then use different colors to make the
yarns of the rug.
10. After the entire painting dries up, apply a coat of
polyurethane over the outer limit of the painting. This
coat will prevent chemical damage to the paint.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Search the web: