The final result of painting your house depends on careful
preparation. Most of your work must be done at the very
beginning itself. Knowing how to select the right tools
for the job, using the correct technique to paint and
using the right strokes to paint all help in producing the
right finish. Here are a few tips and tricks to get the
perfect finish while painting your house.
1. Buy the complete paint pad. The plastic packaging of
the kits is used as the paint tray and as an airtight lid.
2. Hold your tool properly. Put an empty tray on your hand
with the right side up. Stick tape down one side of the
tray, bring it lightly behind your palm and up to the
other side of the tray. This will ensure that the tray
stays in place while you are working.
3. Use your preferred hand to use the painting tool. Hold
the tool firmly and paint exactly in front of you at eye
level. You will be able to see clearly what you are doing
and have good control on the tool as well.
4. Even while using painting pads with tracking wheel,
tape off the wall or ceiling trim. As what happens often
is, when you apply paint on to the pad, some of the paint
may get on to the wheels and leave marks on the trim.
5. Reload pad and often regularly this will prevent the
pad from drying.
6. Apply and spread paint on long strokes, this will give
you control and reduce fatigue of muscles.
7. When you take a break from painting, store the pad
inside the tray and shut the lid to prevent the paint from
8. To evenly load paint on the paint pad pour only about
1/4th inch of paint on the tray. This will ensure that
there is no overloading of paint or sinking of the pad
into the paint or spilling of excess paint.
9. Wriggle the pad to get the paint on to the bristles and
foam. This movement will not only load the paint but lock
it in as well.
10. Gently move the pad across the edge of the tray to
remove extra paint. Do not apply too much pressure as this
might remove almost all the paint.
11. Put the full pad on the surface firmly and move in one
direction to deliver paint from the to the surface. The
next stroke should be on the same area in the opposite
direction to fix the paint and remove bristle marks. Paint
briskly, working from bottom to top and from one side to